1981-1986 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler
1972-1983 Jeep CJ5
1976-1986 Jeep CJ7
1972-1975 Jeep CJ6
The steering damper, or steering stabilizer attaches to the steering column and is designed to stabilize the Jeep steering. This component primary function is to restrict side-to-side motion in the steering column, so that drivers have a better feel of the roads they drive.
Does My Jeep Steering Stabilizer Need Replacement: Below are some initial warning signs or symptoms of a bad or failing steering damper. If you are seeing any of these symptoms we recommend you to be proactive and replace the steering damper if needed.
1. Steering wheel feels wobbly or loose
2. Steering is unstable off-road
3. Leaking hydraulic fluid under the vehicle
4. Clunking noise under the vehicle
5. Steering wheel shakes at higher speeds
- Reference Number:
- 1 Year Limited Warranty