Key to any successful and offroad trip is preparation. Below is the checklist that we follow and encourge everyone else to take some time and read through.
1. Let Others Know: Its always better to go offroading with someone. However, if you do have to go alone, inform other about where you are going. Have GPS and fully charged phone along with phone charger is a MUST. CB radio also falls in this category. Invest in a CB Radio Dash Mount Kit.
2. Fluid Levels: These should be checked on regular bases for on or offroad trips. Fluids to check will be brake fluid, power steering fluid, engine oil, coolant, windshield washer, automatic transmission and differentials.Check for any leaks before heading out to the trails. For long trips its always good to have some extra fluid handy.
3. Full Gas Tank: Top off that Jeep Gas Tank. If you are going on a long distance trails, then before hitting the trails do another fill up. Carry extra fuel, please note you must always carry your extra fuel outside the Jeep.
4. Check Jeep Tires: Inspect the considition of your Jeep Tires including the spare tire. Make sure all tires have proper air pressure. Taking Jeep Plug Kit is recommended. Protect your spare tire wheel from debris on the trails by covering it with high quality Spare Tire Cover.
5. Plenty of Water: Take plenty of water, food and yes Toilet paper. Hate to say it, but YES please "NO ALCOHOL".
6. Jeep Lights: Make sure all your Jeep Lights are working. Get some spare bulbs.
Aside from above, you should also have these ready: Jumper Cables, First Aid Kit, Flash Light, Fire Extinguiser, Recovery Gear Kit , Tools and heavy duty Jack. Hi-Lift Jacks are always the popular choice.
ShopJeepParts.com help Jeep Owners find the highest quality Jeep Accessories and Parts at Discount prices. Our online store features over 10,000 Jeep products, so Jeep Enthusiasts across USA can find just they are looking for.